Cycler rifles were crude yet reliable rifles designed to fire solid projectiles. They could hit targets at extreme ranges and penetrate energy shields. Used primarily by primitive cultures and hunters, they were strong enough to tear whole limbs from a body.
Cycler rifles were notably used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine. The Raiders had been observed sniping at passing podracers in the desert. At long range, the cycler rifles proved powerful enough to destroy the podracer of Teemto Pagalies, causing it to crash during the Boonta Eve Classic. Among Tusken clans, the cycler rifle was the less popular weapon, because despite the fact that the rifle could hit targets reliably at long ranges, it had a crude design and the fire rate was typically slow.The Cycler rifle was used by Boba Fett during his time hunting for his armor.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront (First identified as Cycler rifle)
- Darth Vader 1
- "Coda"—Darth Vader 25
- Age of Rebellion - Jabba the Hutt 1
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 9: The Marshal"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 14: The Tragedy"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 15: The Believer"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Helmets: Tusken Raiders; Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Alien Archive (First identified as Tusken Cycler rifle)
- (Picture only)
- The Art of The Mandalorian Season One