Cycler rifles were crude yet reliable rifles designed to fire solid projectiles. They could hit targets at extreme ranges and penetrate energy shields. Used primarily by primitive cultures and hunters, they were strong enough to tear whole limbs from a body. Among Tusken clans, the cycler rifle was the less popular weapon, because despite its crude design, the rifle could hit targets reliably at long ranges but the fire rate was typically slow.
Cycler rifles were notably used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine. The Raiders had been observed sniping at passing podracers in the desert. At long range, the cycler rifles proved powerful enough to destroy the podracer of Teemto Pagalies, causing it to crash during the Boonta Eve Classic.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twin Suns"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront (First identified as Cycler rifle)
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- "Coda"—Darth Vader 25: End of Games, Part VI
- Age of Rebellion - Jabba the Hutt 1
- Aftermath: Empire's End