- "Sienar Fleet Systems wasn't the only contributor, The company's design sense is all over the corvette, but every shipbuilder from Theed Engineering to Cygnus Spaceworks played a part in outfitting it."
- ―Artoz talks about the builders of the Carrion Spike
Cygnus Spaceworks was one of many companies, including Theed Engineering and Sienar Fleet Systems, who were involved in the construction of the starship Carrion Spike, personal vessel of Imperial Governor Wilhuff Tarkin. When a rebel cell stole the Carrion Spike, a Mon Calamari member of the group named Artoz recognized the Spaceworks' part in outfitting the vessel.
Behind the scenesEdit
The company Cygnus Spaceworks originated in a 1984 fan-made material created by Lawrence Miller named Book of Imperial Shuttle Plans: Cygnus Spaceworks, which described it as the company that made a series of ships very similar to the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle. The book was commonly mistaken for an official Lucasfilm Ltd. product, and in 1994 the licensed second volume of The Official Star Wars Technical Journal included the company. The 2014 James Luceno novel Tarkin then brought the company from the Star Wars Legends continuity into canon.
- Tarkin (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Tarkin
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Fantasy Flight Games (2017, August 21). Bring on the Alpha Strike. Retrieved from https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/