In 19 BBY, the final year of the Clone Wars, a campaign occurred within the Outer Rim Territories' D'Astan sector by the Galactic Republic, during the Outer Rim Sieges offensive launched by the Confederacy of Independent Systems amid the conflict. During the campaign, the Republic made several coordinated efforts in order to concentrate their military engagements on both the sector and the Serenno system within. However, despite the democratic government's concentrated efforts in the sector and star system, the Republic was unsuccessful in their attempts to capture Separatist leader Count Dooku's homeworld of Serenno, following multiple waves of attacks on the planet.
Behind the scenes
The D'Astan campaign was first mentioned in the current Star Wars canon in the seventieth issue of De Agostini's Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon magazine, published around May 4, 2016. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Serenno theater was introduced in The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace. It was later identified in The Essential Guide to Warfare, a 2012 reference book authored by Fry and Paul R. Urquhart.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 70 (Guide to the Galaxy: Serenno – Home of Count Dooku) (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 70 (Guide to the Galaxy: Serenno – Home of Count Dooku)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 70 (Guide to the Galaxy: Serenno – Home of Count Dooku) establishes that the campaign against the D'Astan sector took place as part of the Outer Rim Sieges, which The Star Wars Book places the beginning of to nineteen years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, corresponding to 19 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- The second issue of the De Agostini weekly magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon was set to be published on January 14, 2015, according to Therefore, it can be calculated that Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 70 was published around May 4, 2016.
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare