D'nar was a Human male bounty hunter who was active during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Around the year 3643 BBY, an individual affiliated with the Empire killed D'nar while the bounty hunter was in the eastern part of the Rust Yards outside the city of Jiguuna on the planet Nal Hutta.
Biography[edit | edit source]
A Human male bounty hunter, D'nar lived during the Cold War, a period of unrest between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Around the year 3643 BBY, D'nar stayed near a stolen shuttle located by the coast in the eastern part of the Rust Yards, an industrial area outside the city of Jiguuna on the planet Nal Hutta.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
D'nar wore a silver-, red-, and tan-colored suit of armor while on Nal Hutta. The armor featured a back-mounted pack connected to the chest plate with a pipe. The armor's left gauntlet contained a small missile launcher and a flamethrower. D'nar also carried a blaster pistol.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
D'nar first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 BioWare–LucasArts MMORPG. In the game, the bounty hunter appears as a lower-level boss on Nal Hutta—known in-game as Hutta—the starting planet for the bounty hunter and Imperial agent classes. However, any Imperial player class—bounty hunter, Imperial agent, Sith Inquisitor, or Sith Warrior—can kill D'nar, and the bounty hunter's death is one of the required kills for completing the "Hutta's Most Wanted" achievement. While the achievement is not required to continue with any of the main storylines, this article is written with the assumption of 100 percent game completion. D'nar's species and gender cannot be identified from the game.
In the Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide, D'nar is listed among the quest-related non-player characters for the Rust Yards, even though D'nar is neither the starting nor ending character for any quest in the game. During the game's recurring Bounty Contract Week event, D'nar does not spawn, as the bounty hunter's location is the area used to fight Grov the Destroyer, who is the kingpin bounty on the planet Hutta.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- According to the character's NPC model from Star Wars: The Old Republic, D'nar was a Human male.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Achievement: Hutta's Most Wanted on Hutta
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—[Group] Hutta: Kingpin Bounty