- "You are our secret weapons."
- ―Mace Windu, to the droids of D-Squad
D-Squad was a military squad that served the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. The squad consisted of four astromech droids, R2-D2, QT-KT, U9-C4, and M5-BZ, one DUM-series pit droid designated WAC-47, and was placed under the command of Colonel Meebur Gascon.
D-Squad was a Galactic Republic droid squad created to steal an encryption module from a Separatist Providence-class dreadnought. Despite the success of their mission, the squad crashed their shuttle on the planet Abafar. While stranded on the desert world, the droids encountered an amnesiac clone commando designated CC-5576-39 "Gregor". With the clone's help, Gascon and his squad managed to leave Abafar.
Following their escape from Abafar, D-Squad encountered a lone Venator-class Star Destroyer above the planet. Initially, Gascon believed that the Galactic Republic had come to rescue them, however, once they arrived to the Star Destroyer's bridge, they discovered that Separatist forces had hijacked the vessel. After escaping the battle droids, D-Squad found a detonator, and that the docking bays of the cruiser were filled with rhydonium, which was known to be extremely explosive.
Further on the ship, D-Squad ran into a small group of Republic droids including servant droid BNI-393, who explained that the Separatists had taken over the starship and planned to destroy the space station Valor, where the Republic strategy conference was taking place.
Eventually, buzz droids discovered D-Squad's location, and as the buzz droids were closing in, BZ decided to open the air lock which would force the buzz droids out into hyperspace. The other droids magnetized themselves to the metallic surface, but BZ failed to magnetize in time, and was sucked out of the Star Destroyer along with all the other buzz droids. Following this loss, Gascon made a brief speech to honor BZ's sacrifice.
When the cruiser came out of hyperspace above Carida, D-Squad managed to evacuate while R2 detonated the explosives early, preventing the Separatists from destroying the space station. Initially, D-Squad assumed that R2 was gone, but several salvage teams were sent by General Anakin Skywalker to locate and rebuild R2. After the incident, D-Squad and Colonel Gascon were assigned to the same platoon.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Databank A-Z: Zabrak–Zillo Beast)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know dates the events of both "Brothers" and "The Wrong Jedi" to the second year of the Clone Wars. Since places "Secret Weapons" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Secret Weapons" also takes place during the war's second year.