The DD-13 medical assistant droid, also known as the DD-13 tripedal medical droid or simply the DD-13 medical droid, was a model of medical droid designed to install cybernetic implants. Its tri-legged design granted it stability. A DD-13 worked at the Grand Republic Medical Facility, where it assisted in fitting the grievously injured Darth Vader with his life support armor.
Behind the scenes
The script for "Blue Shadow Virus," the seventeenth episode in the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, which first aired on February 13, 2009, originally called for TR-350 to be tripedal medical droid, rather than a T-series tactical droid. This is why C-3PO told the tactical droid "We all want to hear your tale of medical heroics." in the final episode. The DD-13 eventually made its series debut in "Orders," the fourth episode of The Clone Wars' sixth season, which originally aired in Germany on February 15, 2014.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader (2017) 1
- Vader - Dark Visions 3
- Darth Vader (2020) 9 (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader (2020) 12
- "High Noon on Jakku"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (as DD-13 surgical unit)
- (Picture only)
- Journey Through Space (First identified as DD-13 medical assistant droid)
- Star Wars Builders: Droids (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Helmets: Darth Vader, Master of the Dark Side) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Droid Directory: 2-1B-series Medical Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (as DD-13 tripedal medical droid)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (as Tripedal Med droid)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 58 (Helmets: 2-1B Surgical Droid)
- (as DD-13 medical droid)
- "Protocol and Service Droids" – Star Wars Encyclopedia