The DD-13 medical assistant droid, also known as the DD-13 tripedal medical droid or simply the DD-13 medical droid, was a model of medical droid designed to install cybernetic implants. Its tri-legged design granted it stability. A DD-13 worked at the Grand Republic Medical Facility, where it assisted in fitting the grievously injured Darth Vader with his life support armor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The script for "Blue Shadow Virus," the seventeenth episode in the first season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, which first aired on February 13, 2009, originally called for TR-350 to be tripedal medical droid, rather than a T-series tactical droid. This is why C-3PO told the tactical droid "We all want to hear your tale of medical heroics." in the final episode. The DD-13 eventually made its series debut in "Orders," the fourth episode of The Clone Wars' sixth season, which originally aired in Germany on February 15, 2014.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1
- Vader - Dark Visions 3
- Darth Vader 9 (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader 12
- "High Noon on Jakku"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (as DD-13 surgical unit)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Picture only)
- Journey Through Space (First identified as DD-13 medical assistant droid)
- Star Wars Builders: Droids (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Helmets: Darth Vader, Master of the Dark Side) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Droid Directory: 2-1B-series Medical Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (as DD-13 tripedal medical droid)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (as Tripedal Med droid)
- (as DD-13 medical droid)