The DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid, also known simply as the DD-19 "Overseer" Droid or DD-19 Overseer, was a model of supervisor droid manufactured by Ubrikkian Steamworks. A DD-19 Overseer designated DD-19 served aboard the New Republic CR90 corvette FarStar during the Galactic Civil War.
A model of supervisor droid, the DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid, more simply known as the DD-19 "Overseer" Droid or DD-19 Overseer, was a bipedal droid with gray plating, featuring two tracked feet, a pair of extendable arms, and three black photoreceptors. Standing 1.7 meters in height, it was equipped with a broadband antenna-receiver, and a restraining bolt applicator and remover.
The DD-19 Overseer was not only capable of processing the needs of several other droids at once, but could also communicate the necessary commands in the electronic information-dense languages favored by many sophisticated droids. However, while the DD-19 Overseer was actually able to watch over up to fifty droids at once, field experience proved that a maximum of fifteen to twenty was more manageable.
Manufactured by Ubrikkian Steamworks, the DD-19 Overseer was available for a price of 4,500 credits. When the Sith Lord Darth Vader personally quashed the company's renewal contract with the Galactic Empire, Ubrikkian quietly retired its DD-13 medical assistant droid to focus its attention on the more profitable DD-19 Overseer.
In the year 8 ABY, during the DarkStryder Campaign of the Galactic Civil War, a masculine DD-19 Overseer designated DD-19 worked in the droid repair bay of the modified New Republic CR90 corvette FarStar. Alongside his SE4 servant droid assistant, SE-4-17, DD-19 performed much of the maintenance work there. DD-19 earned the nickname "the slavemaster" because of his seemingly harsh treatment of other droids, having the authority to apply restraining bolts if a droid became unruly.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid was first mentioned as the DD-19 "Overseer" Droid in The DarkStryder Campaign, a 1995 supplement for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, where it was depicted in an illustration by Doug Shuler. The 2006 reference book The New Essential Guide to Droids, written by Daniel Wallace, provided the name DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid, while the 2008 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia used the name DD-19 Overseer.
- The DarkStryder Campaign (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First identified as DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as DD-19 Overseer)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 175 ("DD-19 Overseer")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 175 ("DD-19 Overseer") identifies the DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid as a model of supervisor droid, which The New Essential Guide to Droids classifies as third-degree droids.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 The DarkStryder Campaign
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of The DarkStryder Campaign to 8 ABY.