The DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid, also known simply as the DD-19 Overseer, was a model of supervisor droid manufactured by Ubrikkian Steamworks. A DD-19 Overseer designated DD-19 served aboard the New Republic corvette FarStar during the Galactic Civil War.
A model of supervisor droid, the DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid, more simply known as the DD-19 Overseer, was a bipedal droid with gray plating, featuring two tracked feet, a pair of extendable arms, and three black photoreceptors. Standing 1.7 meters in height, it was equipped with a broadband antenna-receiver and a restraining bolt applicator and remover. The DD-19 Overseer was not only capable of processing the needs of several other droids at once but also able to communicate the necessary commands in the electronic information-dense languages favored by many sophisticated droids. However, while it was actually able to watch over up to 50 droids at once, field experience proved that a maximum of 15 to 20 was more manageable.
Manufactured by Ubrikkian Steamworks, the DD-19 Overseer was available for a price of 4,500 credits. When the Sith Lord Darth Vader personally quashed the company's renewal contract with the Galactic Empire, Ubrikkian quietly retired its DD-13 medical assistant droid to focus its attention on the more profitable DD-19 Overseer.
In the year 8 ABY, during the DarkStryder Campaign of the Galactic Civil War, a masculine DD-19 Overseer designated DD-19 worked in the droid repair bay of the modified New Republic CR90 corvette FarStar. Alongside his SE4 servant droid assistant, SE-4-17, he performed much of the maintenance work. DD-19 was nicknamed "the slavemaster" because of his seemingly harsh treatment of other droids, having the authority to apply restraining bolts if a droid became unruly.
Behind the scenesEdit
The DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid was first mentioned as the DD-19 "Overseer" Droid in The DarkStryder Campaign, a 1995 supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, where it was depicted in an illustration by Doug Shuler. It was first identified as the DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid in The New Essential Guide to Droids, a 2006 reference book written by Daniel Wallace. The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, a three-volume 2008 reference book edited by Bob Vitas, does not place the word overseer in quotations, rendering it as DD-19 Overseer.
- The DarkStryder Campaign (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids (First identified as DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as DD-19 Overseer)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The New Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 175 ("DD-19 Overseer")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia identifies the DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid as a model of supervisor droid, which are classified as third-degree droids, according to The New Essential Guide to Droids.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 The DarkStryder Campaign
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of The DarkStryder Campaign to the year 8 ABY.