Description[edit | edit source]
The DL-21 was similar in appearance to other BlasTech pistols, such as the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol. However, this version featured a flared muzzle, which produced scattered energy charges. It also featured a top-mounted targeting scope, and a safety lever inside the trigger guard.
History[edit | edit source]
Since BlasTech refused to enter into an exclusive agreement with the Galactic Empire, many of its weapons fell into the hands of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. A number of DL-21 pistols were used by Rebel forces during the invasion of Hoth in 3 ABY, and at the Battle of Endor a year later in the hands of Lieutenant Renz. Dengar was seen with a holstered DL-21 onboard the Executor. Ponda Baba also carried a modified DL-21 during his partnership with Cornelius Evazan. This particular blaster lacked a safety mechanism, and included cooling vents on the flared muzzle, and a comfortable hand grip suitable for Aqualish hands.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The DL-21 prop is a combination of the body of an AR-7 Explorer made by Charter Arms and a Sterling L2A3 submachine gun grip. The flared muzzle is the fin assembly from a WWII British 2" Mortar shell.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (First identified as DL-21 blaster pistol)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (Picture only)
[edit | edit source]
- Parts of Star Wars: Hoth Rebel Trooper Blaster Pistol (Unofficial)
- Parts of Star Wars: Ponda Baba's Blaster Pistol (Unofficial)