- "Com-scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the Hoth system. The field is strong enough to deflect any bombardment."
- ―General Maximilian Veers
The DSS-02 shield generator was a military-grade deflector shield generator manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards. Due to its high cost, it was mainly used by the Galactic Empire, though the Alliance to Restore the Republic managed to obtain one to protect its headquarters on the gelid planet Hoth. The DSS-02 shield generator could project an 80 kilometer-wide impenetrable deflector shield around itself, which was enough to cover the entirety of Echo Base.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z (First identified as DSS-02 shield generator)
- "Explosives, Heavy Weapons and Unstable Elements" – Star Wars Encyclopedia