The DT-series sentry droid, also known simply as the Imperial sentry droid, was a model of sentry droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata and utilized by the Galactic Empire. Imperial sentry droids were used as guards and even combat training units. Many of the droids were stationed aboard Imperial vessels such as Class four container transports and Imperial Star Destroyers. The Spectres rebel cell, Hondo Ohnaka, and Azmorigan encountered four of the droids while looting an Imperial container transport. Later, Grand Admiral Thrawn used two of these droids as combat training units during his hand-to-hand exercises.
Should one of the activated sentry droids fall under attack, the remaining deactivated droids would power on. The droids were somewhat humanoid and resembling the chassis of a Separatist B2-series super battle droid. Sentry droids were equipped with a single modified E-11 blaster rifle on the right arm and a hand on the left arm. They could also stun hostile targets. The droid was armored and could take several shots from small arms fire.
In 2 BBY,[source?] four Imperial sentry droids were stationed aboard an Imperial class four container transport that was trapped in the stormy atmosphere of the planet Wynkahthu. When the Spectres and the pirates Hondo Ohnaka and Azmorigan boarded the ship, they accidentally reactivated one of the sentry droids. This sentry droid knocked out Azmorigan and the rebel Garazeb Orrelios and threw them into the ship's brig. Later, Azmorigan managed to shoot the droid and destroy it. However, this activated the other sentry droids who attacked the rebels and pirates. The droids were destroyed when the container transport descended into a vortex.
Later, Grand Admiral Thrawn kept two sentry droids aboard his flagship Chimaera to practice hand-to-hand combat. He used the override code "Rukh" to deactivate them when they were not needed. The "Fulcrum" operative Imperial Security Bureau Agent Kallus later reprogrammed these droids to attack Thrawn in order to provide a distraction for he and his rebel comrades to escape.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars Rebels: Special Ops
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job" (First appearance)
- "To Thy Metal Heart Be True"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- "Tales of Villainy: The Short Goodbye"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 5
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Heart of the Empire (Card: Sentry Droid) (backup link)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 29 (Droid Directory: DT-series sentry droid) (First identified as DT-series sentry droid)
- Cyphers and Masks
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "Battle Droids and Other War Droids" – Star Wars Encyclopedia