Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- "You know, it's costing me a lot of money to keep these droids even powered up."
- ―Peli Motto, on her DUM-series pit droids
Designed for maintaining podracers,[source?] pit droids were cheap, expendable, and durable repair droids.[source?] Pit droids stood at a height of 1.19 meters but had the ability to fold into a compact form when not in use. This feature could be toggled by tapping their "nose."
If one could not reach the system it needed to work on, the unit would get other pit droids to make an unstable and haphazard droid pyramid. Pit droids were also fearless when faced with unsafe tasks, going as far as to be happy to throw themselves into danger.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as DUM-series pit droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Weapons & Uniforms: Sebulba and Rival Pilots)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 21 (Databank A-Z: Greedo–Gundarks) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 5 (Understanding Robotics: Rotary Bearings)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"