DV-523 was a clone stormtrooper who served in the Galactic Empire's 501st Legion during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, DV-523 served aboard the Sith Lord Darth Vader's flagship, the Star Destroyer Devastator, and took part in the Devastator's attack on the Rebel CR90 corvette Tantive IV.
Biography[edit | edit source]
DV-523, a Human male, was a clone of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett. He served the Galactic Empire as a stormtrooper of the 501st Legion, an elite military unit under the direct command of the Sith Lord Darth Vader. DV-523 had been stationed aboard the Dark Lord's flagship, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Devastator, by 0 BBY.
In 0 BBY, after Rebel agents transmitted the stolen plans for the Empire's DS-1 Orbital Battle Station superweapon to the Rebel CR90 corvette Tantive IV—the consular ship of Senator Leia Organa—the Devastator pursued and overtook the Rebel blockade runner, as the 501st boarded the vessel from a TIE/br boarding shuttle. DV-523 was among the first wave of troopers who entered the corridors of the Tantive IV and engaged the Rebel troopers in battle. The battle ended as a victory for the 501st Legion, with the death of the Tantive IV's Captain, Raymus Antilles, and the capture of Organa. However, the Rebel droids C-3PO and R2-D2 managed to make it off of the Devastator with the stolen Death Star plans aboard an escape pod.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
DV-523 first appeared in the opening scene of 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope as one of the stormtroopers taking part in the hijacking of the Rebel blockade runner Tantive IV. He was played by an uncredited extra, whose scenes were filmed in mid 1976 in the United Kingdom. DV-523 was given a name and was revealed to be a clone stormtrooper on a 2002 card for Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Trading Card Game. The 2005 video game Star Wars: Battlefront II revealed that the stormtroopers who boarded the Tantive IV during the events of A New Hope were clones of Jango Fett in the 501st Legion.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Cutscene only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Art of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - A New Hope (TCG) (Card: ) (First identified as DV-523)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film (Picture only)
- The Sounds of Star Wars (Picture only)
- (Video clip only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - A New Hope (TCG) (Card: )
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Devastator)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film