The DXR-6 was a larger version of the DX-2 disruptor pistol. As was the case with all disruptor weapons, it was outlawed by all civilized worlds. It could disintegrate matter at the molecular level and rip apart living material with ease and speed. Even a glancing blow could produce grievous injuries. This weapon usually resulted in a one-hit kill and often the only sign that there was a target was a smoking pile of ash where the enemy used to be.
The DXR-6 had a limited ammunition capacity of 5 or 10 shots. It could be fitted with a zoom scope, making it an effective sniper rifle at great distances. Because of the massive energy involved in creating a disruptor beam, the DXR-6 needed a cooldown time of more than 5 seconds before it could fire again.
As with the DX-2 Disruptor pistol, the Tenloss Syndicate sold many of the DXR-6 disruptor rifles to the notorious Black Sun criminal organization. As well, a few Imperial Inquisitors have been known to brandish this weapon to add to their intimidation tactics.
Oppressor-7 class dark troopers, also employed this rifle.
The DXR-6 was used by the Zann Consortium and the Imperial Remnant. Despite its illegality, the Jedi Praxeum was known to allow Jedi Knights and apprentices to carry this weapon on field missions during the New Republic era.
Behind the scenesEdit
There are major differences in this weapon's range presented in The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Saga Edition role-playing game supplement that differ from the range as listed in The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. Instead of an optimum and maximum range of 10 and 20 meters respectively, The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide treats the DXR-6 disruptor rifle as a standard rifle, giving it an optimum and maximum range 45 and 450 meters respectively. This is probably due to the fact that the role-playing game data is heavily simplified and modified for ease of play.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Core Set (Card: DXR-6)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Scrap Metal (Card: Death Mark) (Picture only)