- "Do not attempt escape. Mutineers and evaders will be considered in violation of the capital powers act."
- ―Preprogrammed message in the DZ-70 fugitive tracker droid
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
They were spherical in shape with several large photoreceptors and multiple arms. They were designed for one thing-tracking and capturing fugitives. They had a powerful repulsorlift and were capable of hauling unconscious beings several kilometers. They contained blasters concealed in their bodies.
DZ tracker droids weren't considered particularly bright, and worked best when used in controlled settings like prisons or transport ships. Outside of those settings, they tended to become confused and frequently grabbed the wrong suspect.
DZ droids were persistent and would take any action needed to bring in their target. This included lethal force and therefore they were illegal for citizens to own, although this was widely ignored in the Outer Rim Territories.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Maul 1
- Heart of Fire (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 44: Rite of Passage, Part 3
- Star Wars 45: Rite of Passage, Part 4
- Jedi: Mace Windu
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Children of the Jedi (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- (First identified as Sith Attack Droid)
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 128 (DZ-70 Fugitive Tracker)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Far Horizons