Daclif Gallamby was a Human male who served as Diktat of the Corellian sector between the death of his predecessor, Dupas Thomree, in 2 BBY, and the loss of Corellia to the New Republic in 12 ABY. Even after this date, however, he seemed to have maintained something of a shadow government in the Outlier systems of the sector.
Diktat of CorelliaEdit
- "I think Thomree figured he had protected himself from assassination by makin' a nobody his successor. Wouldn't be the first time someone tried that—or the first time it failed."
- ―Thrackan Sal-Solo
Gallamby, with Thrackan Sal-Solo as his deputy, presided over a period of increasing insecurity and paranoia in Corellian space. The elements of the Imperial Navy Sector Group tasked to defend the Five Worlds were often forced into the Outlier systems to deal with Rebel Alliance activity, so pirates turned their attention to the capital system instead, in such strength that the Corellian Security Force, even with the support of the Imperial Army, did not have the resources to deal with them effectively. The Diktat's response was to encourage a restrictive isolationism, feeding—and perhaps also driven by—the streak of suspicion and distrust of outsiders in the Corellian character.
The Rogue Corsec plotEdit
- "I do not have words to express the delight and deep thanks I have for your actions this day! I feared that the light had fallen from my administration, plunging the entire government into a darkness from which there would be no escape. But then out of that growing darkness, our hero arose. You!"
- ―Daclif Gallamby, to a spacer
After the Battle of Yavin, Daclif Gallamby was the victim of a plot arranged by a group of former members of the Corellian Security Force known as the Rogue CorSec. Their objective was to create a public political-judicial scandal in order to overthrow the Diktat and his government. The Rogue CorSec first recruited the Ragtags to smuggle illegal spice in the Coronet Capitol building. Then, the Rogue CorSec managed to plant a remote relay device directly on the diktat's personal data terminal. With this device, they were able to send files from a remote location and make them appear as originating from the terminal to which the device was attached. The Rogue CorSec thus planted orders, apparently from the Diktat himself, instructing the Ragtags to smuggle spice into the Capitol.
The plan was foiled because the Ragtags made a mistake and also smuggled in the Capitol a shipment stolen from the businessman Ral Mundi. Circa 1 ABY, a spacer was recruited by CorSec Lieutenant Mack Jasper to investigate the missing shipment of starship components ordered by the Ral Mundi's Starship Emporium. The spacer discovered that the shipment was stolen by the Ragtags and transported into the Capitol. And even more strikingly, the spacer found the spice. The spacer reported to Lieutenant Jasper who decided to investigate the case. The spacer infiltrated the Capitol and worked for Gallura Handerin, as well as Brantlee Spondoon, the aide to the Diktat. During another mission, the spacer finally discovered the order from the Diktat to smuggle spice. Lieutenant Jasper thus ordered to search the Diktat's office and, to the surprise of Gallamby, the spacer found the remote relay device. A gadget specialist easily identified the device and helped Lieutenant Jasper to find the origin of the transmission. The spacer tracked the signal to the Rogue CorSec Base and then infiltrated the base. The spacer downloaded proof of the Diktat's innocence in computers and finally killed the Rogue CorSec commanders who were responsible for the plot: Hiram Bish and Mtara Vinram. When the spacer returned to the Coronet Capitol, the grateful Diktat Daclif Gallamby awarded the Corellian Medal for Distinguished Service to the spacer for the service rendered to himself and to the government.
After the Battle of Endor, Gallamby's regime remained loyal to Coruscant—though they were given little option to dissent, as the Imperial Navy presence was massively reinforced. Within six months of Endor, the fleet deployment in the Corellian system had been increased to twenty-five Imperial Star Destroyers under Admiral Jaeffis. This was one of the largest fleet deployments anywhere in the Core Worlds, and it was due to be further strengthened when Admiral Roek arrived to assume overall command with the Super Star Destroyer Aggressor and five other Star Destroyers. The Imperials' primary aim was to secure the orbital shipyards, but on the planet, officers of the New Order's security apparatus, like Kirtan Loor of Imperial Intelligence, played an increasingly repressive role, attempting to suborn CorSec into becoming a paramilitary arm of the Empire.
In 6 ABY, Corellia briefly became the focus of the military power-struggle within the Empire, when Aggressor defected to Grand Admiral Josef Grunger, who was building up his forces in preparation for an attempt to seize the Imperial throne. Another Grand Admiral, Danetta Pitta, allied himself with Gallamby and took command of the loyalist forces in the sector, with a Torpedo Sphere as his command ship. The subsequent Battle of Tralus decimated both fleets, however, and may have marked the end of any effective Imperial Navy presence in the sector.
Nevertheless, Gallamby remained in power, and subsequently continued his policy of inward-looking suspicion much as before. One effect of this was the reorganization of CorSec into the PSS, some time between 4 ABY and 12 ABY. Yet the Diktat's restrictive measures seem to have always been compromised at the practical level. The PSS were more concerned with appearances and petty disorder than with serious reform of the local underworld, and the attitude towards the "Rebels" was always ambivalent: while the Diktat's officials were aware that Rostek Horn was in contact with his grandson Corran, a traitor in the eyes of the Empire even before he joined Rogue Squadron, they simply censored their communications, and allowed them to continue.
Nevertheless, Gallamby refused to allow Corellia to join the New Republic, and as the position of the Empire became untenable, he and other leaders of his regime retreated to the outlier systems. In 12 ABY, Corellia became a member of the New Republic, which installed Governor-General Micamberlecto in the Diktat's stead.
Diktat Gallamby's eventual fate is unknown, and he is recorded to have disappeared and presumably killed later on after he took half of the planet's treasure. His political faction, however, continued to exert influence through ex-Imperial politicians elected on Corellia, and became the basis of the subsequent Human League insurgency. Although leadership had passed to Thrackan Sal-Solo by 18 ABY, the group Gallamby had led through the Galactic Civil War would continue to play a role as one of the main blocs in Corellian politics, at least until the time of Sal-Solo's assassination in 40 ABY.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 26: Family Ties, Part 1 (Indirect mention only)
- I, Jedi (Indirect mention only)
- Assault at Selonia (First mentioned)
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (Indirect mention only)
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Chronology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 103 (German Edition - SAL2, Thrackan Sal-Solo)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Mack Jasper)
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Search the Diktat's Office" on Corellia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Go to the Source of the Remote Signal" on Corellia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Receive the Thanks of a Grateful Diktat" on Corellia
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Reacquire the Missing Starship Component Shipment" on Corellia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Seek Out the Gadget Specialist" on Corellia
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Find the Missing Shipment of Starship Components" on Corellia
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Working for the Government" on Corellia
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Help Get the Informant's Information" on Corellia
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Find out what the Rogue CorSec Are Doing" on Corellia