- "Holding her is dangerous. If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate."
- ―Daine Jir, to Darth Vader, referring to Leia Organa
Daine Jir was a human male who served in the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War as an Imperial officer. Jir served under the Sith Lord Darth Vader aboard the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Devastator during the hunt for the stolen Death Star plans in 0 BBY.
After the Devastator managed to track down the Tantive IV above Tatooine. Darth Vader believed that Princess Leia Organa had the plans for the Death Star. After a space battle, the Tantive IV was boarded by the Empire's 501st Legion where they killed and captured the Rebel Alliance crew. After Organa was captured, Jir spoke with Vader suggesting that holding her was dangerous and could create sympathy for the rebellion in the Imperial Senate, though Vader rebutted that Jir should not be concerned.
Behind the scenesEdit
Daine Jir first appeared in the 1977 Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, where he was played uncredited by Al Lampert. Jir was first identified in the 2018 canon reference book Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious. The character's name is likely a play on the word "danger," inspired by Jir's line: "Holding her is dangerous."
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- (Picture only)
- (Video clip only)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (First identified as Daine Jir)