Dainsom was a Human male native of the planet Algarian who served as an Imperial Navy trooper during the Galactic Civil War. A trooper guard who was assigned to guard sensitive areas of Star Destroyers, he served on the Imperial Star Destroyer Thunderflare before being stationed on the Dark Lord Darth Vader's flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor. In 3 ABY, Dainsom, an experienced trooper, was present on the Executor during the Imperial subjugation of Cloud City on the planet Bespin.
Biography[edit | edit source]
The Human male Dainsom was a native of the planet Algarian. During the Galactic Civil War, a conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic, he served the Empire as an Imperial Navy trooper and was stationed on the Star Destroyer Thunderflare. By the year 3 ABY, Dainsom had been assigned to Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader's flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor. During his service on both Star Destroyers, Dainsom was assigned to guard the ships' sensitive areas.
In 3 ABY, Dainsom, by then an experienced trooper guard, was present on the Executor during the Super Star Destroyer's pursuit of the freighter Millennium Falcon—carrying the Rebel fugitives Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, and Lando Calrissian—after the vessel escaped from Cloud City on the Imperial-occupied planet Bespin. Dainsom was close to the warship's main bridge when the Millennium Falcon fled into hyperspace.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Dainsom had light skin.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Dainsom first appeared briefly toward the end of the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, in which he stands guard just beyond the Executor's main bridge as Darth Vader passes by following the Millennium Falcon's escape from the Super Star Destroyer at Bespin. He was portrayed by an uncredited extra. In November 1997, Dainsom was given a name and a brief backstory on the "Imperial Trooper Guard Dainsom" card for the Cloud City Limited expansion set of Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game. According to a Star Wars CCG fan site, Dainsom was named as an anagram of Decipher employees Bob and Will Madison.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Imperial Trooper Guard Dainsom) (First identified as Dainsom)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Imperial Trooper Guard Dainsom)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 162 ("Dainsom, Imperial Trooper Guard")
- Anagramed Decipherians. Corellian Engineering Corporation. ReoCities (2005-08-15). Archived from the original on April 6, 2016. Retrieved on April 26, 2017.