- "Right now I feel I can take on the whole Empire myself."
"I know what you mean."
- ―Dak Ralter and Luke Skywalker
Dak Ralter was a human male from Kalist VI who served as a pilot in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. He was very idealistic, joining the Rebel Alliance in order to bring back the Republic and end the Galactic Empire. He was a member of Rogue Squadron, befriending Thane Kyrell shortly before the Battle of Hoth. Before the battle, he was very excited to work with Luke Skywalker, the hero he had heard so much about. He served as Skywalker's gunner and died in the battle. Shortly after his death, their snowspeeder was shot down and crash landed in front of an AT-AT. Skywalker escaped the wreckage as the walker's foot stomped on the speeder, crushing Ralter's corpse inside.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Dak Ralter first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, which was released in North America in 1980. He was portrayed by John Morton and he was credited only as "Dak (Luke's Gunner)."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Lost Stars
- Lost Stars webcomic (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? audiobook
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization (Misspelled as Dack)
- "Rogue Two"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- "Against All Odds"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Ralter)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: Special 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition
- (Indirect mention only)