Daniel Keys Moran is a computer programmer and a science fiction writer, most famous for his own fiction series, the Tales of the Continuing Time. He has been the administrator of a number of websites and currently maintains the Daniel Keys Moran blog.
His Star Wars writing consisted of three short stories:
- "Empire Blues: The Devaronian's Tale" from Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
- "A Barve Like That: The Tale of Boba Fett" from Tales from Jabba's Palace
- Published under the pseudonym J. D. Montgomery. — Editorial changes that were unacceptable to me were made to 'A Barve Like That,' which is why the 'J. D. Montgomery' pseudonym, but on balance it is perhaps not a bad story, and I won't disown it if people understand that the final product is only perhaps 80% mine. —DKM[source?]
- I like my story. It's long enough to let me tackle a couple of characters—Solo and Boba Fett—in something approaching depth; and Lucasfilm messed with me less on this story than on either of the two previous. —DKM[source?]
[edit | edit source]
- Daniel Keys Moran at Wikipedia, More biography, and a full bibliography.
- Protect the Innocent – Star Wars – Lawrence – Lonesome Dove – Knightriders, a DKM blog entry about writing Boba Fett. (3 June 2007)
- Exclusive Interview with the Author Behind Boba Fett's Honor, from BobaFett.com (10 July 2007)