- "I narrowed it down to Motti pretty quickly, because I love fussy bureaucrats. Vader, especially in the first film, feels so huge and terrifying and mysterious, and I loved the idea of someone who had to work with the guy on a regular basis and is really sick of dealing with him in meetings."
- ―Daniel M. Lavery
Daniel M. Lavery (ne Ortberg-Lavery,) who was born on November 28, 1986, is an American writer who wrote the short story "An Incident Report" in From a Certain Point of View, a 2017 anthology of stories set during Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Elizabeth Schaefer from Penguin Random House approached Lavery through his agent to contribute to the anthology. A lifelong Star Wars fan, Lavery speculated that Schaefer was aware of his many tweets and articles on The Toast, a website which he co-founded, about the Legends character Kyp Durron from Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy. Presented with a list of characters to choose from, Lavery selected and wrote about Admiral Conan Antonio Motti filing a workplace incident report after he was Force choked by Darth Vader.
Published works[edit | edit source]
|2017||"An Incident Report"—From a Certain Point of View||Short story|
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Calculated by substracting thirty-one years from the date of his tweet on November 28, 2017.
- From a Certain Point of View
- Lavery, Daniel (2019-10-31). A Halloween Compendium From The DMO-L Archives. statnerchatner.com. Archived from the original on January 21, 2021. Retrieved on April 10, 2021. "It's Ortberg-Lavery now, DMO-L (DAMO-L if we're being strictly accurate, my but transitioning means you start to accumulate extra names) please update your glossaries and archives accordingly."
- Maher, John (2020-02-12). Daniel M. Lavery wrestles with art and identity. latimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on January 27, 2021. Retrieved on April 10, 2021. "Lavery then cut ties with his biological family, and he took his wife's last name."