The primary population was the Hutts during the last days of the Old Republic, but later the Galactic Empire converted it to a client of the Brodsport Mining Corporation. Danuta was not notable, aside from its function as a stopover on one of the many hyperspace routes leading to Kessel. However, the city of Trid did have a B'omarr Order Temple.
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, the Imperial garrison on the outskirts of Trid was expanded into a full military installment, home to a sprawling yet secret research facility visited by the Imperial Security Bureau and scientists, such as Bevel Lemelisk. A partial set of plans to the first Death Star was hidden there by Atour Riten.
The curious visits tipped off a Rebel sympathizer, who in turn informed the Alliance. Despite her reservations, Mon Mothma organized an assault and sent defector mercenary Kyle Katarn to acquire the schematics.
Striking from a hidden base, the Rebel Alliance attacked the Imperial facility with starships and soldiers while Katarn would proceed with his mission to visit the place where the Death Star plans were hidden.
The presence of Imperial special-forces operative Meck Odom at the base was a small complication for Katarn, as the two were once best friends at the academy on Carida. Kyle however was able to convince Odom to assist the Alliance, though Odom's efforts failed to decrease the difficulty of the mission. Nevertheless, Katarn managed to single-handedly infiltrate the base, steal the plans, and deliver them to the Alliance, all with inexplicable ease.
The research facility then fell into disuse, but within a few years, Danuta experienced an economic boom, benefiting from the growing prominence of its neighbor Bimmisaari. When the Bimms joined the New Republic, Danuta followed suit.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Lethal Alliance
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire audio drama
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent / audio drama (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (Non-canonical mention)
- The Essential Chronology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (KAT7-8, Kyle Katarn)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion