Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A large ship capable of carrying large amounts of cargo, the Darius G possessed a chin mounted ramp that opened up into a long multi-roomed cargo hold with tall ceilings. The Darius G also possessed two large cylindrical engines offset by two smaller engines, and sported four large stabilizers. The main hallways of the Darius G were large and spacious, and contained several blast doors, while the ship also possessed one-person escape pods of a narrow blocky design. The Darius G was equipped with a number of these pods, with Teroj Kee's ship holding eighteen escape pods on its ventral surface.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Cold War, Darius G-class freighters brought fuel shipments to the refueling station Colossus, on the ocean planet Castilon. The Colossus' fuel shipments aboard the freighters were a common prey for pirates. Transport TY-700 was used to deliver Major Elrik Vonreg to the platform for negotiations with Captain Imanuel Doza.
One Darius G-class freighter in the Castilon system, carrying Kowakian monkey-lizards and a Kowakian ape-lizard, was attacked by members of Kragan Gorr's Warbird gang. When the freighter sent out a distress call, Poe Dameron and Kazuda Xiono, who had been in a nearby asteroid field, went to investigate it.
Later, Kazuda Xiono would follow Teroj Kee into a Darius G's cargo hold in pursuit of a stolen phase connector. Inside of the ship, Kazuda tricked the pet gorg Bitey into biting a power coupling that led to the ship's electrode systems, causing the ship to lose power and crash into the oceans of Castilon as all aboard, except for one stormtrooper, abandoned ship in its escape pods.
After the galaxy-wide announcement of the Final Order, several of these freighters joined the fleet assembled in response to General Lando Calrissian's call to action. They then partook in the Battle of Exegol between the Resistance and the Sith Eternal.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Resistance – "The High Tower" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Signal from Sector Six" (First identified as Darius G-class freighter)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Sixty Seconds to Destruction"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Dangerous Business"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Doza Dilemma"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem"
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Indirect mention only)