A fifteen meter-tall insectoid, DarkStryder's true name was pronounceable only by the ancient Kathol. The creature guarded the Lifewell for millennia, creating a massive fortress and legions of insectoid servants.
Eventually, DarkStryder desired to leave Kathol, and made a deal with Moff Kentor Sarne, whereby DarkStryder would provide Sarne with so-called "DarkStryder technology," while Sarne would give the creature a single, hyperdrive-equipped starship. But Sarne had no intentions of following through with his bargain, realizing the power of the creature.
Sarne and DarkStryder engaged in this deadly game until the FarStar arrived. The ship's crew succeeded in opening the Lifewell, which set the Kathol free and destroyed DarkStryder.
- "The Saga Begins"—The DarkStryder Campaign (First mentioned)
- "Artifact of Aaris"—The DarkStryder Campaign (Mentioned only)
- "Wildfire"—The Kathol Outback (Mentioned only)
- "Introduction"—The Kathol Rift (Indirect mention only)
- "Lucasfilm's Latest"—Star Wars Insider 25
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Pick a Card, Any Card: Making Movie Magic at Decipher, Inc."—Star Wars Insider 31
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia