- "Our goal was to create sequels and prequels to the films we loved, paying careful attention to quality and detail, essentially treating those films as though they were our own. Star Wars has been the crown jewel of this approach."
- ―Mike Richardson, on the end of Dark Horse's Star Wars publishing run
Dark Horse Comics is a publisher of comic books that over the years has produced many licensed works, a large number of which take place in the Star Wars universe. Dark Horse began publishing comics in 1986 and first published for Star Wars with Dark Empire in 1991. Dark Horse has also republished the Marvel Star Wars comics and has produced several compilations of works, including the aforementioned Marvel works, in a collection of trade paperbacks known as Star Wars Omnibus. The Omnibus imprint is also used for other fictional universes such as Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Dark Horse has a division called Dark Horse Digital, which allows customers to view comics online.
- Classic Star Wars: The Early Adventures (1994–1995)
- Classic Star Wars Volume 1: In Deadly Pursuit (1994)
- Classic Star Wars Volume 2: The Rebel Storm (1995)
- Classic Star Wars Volume 3: Escape to Hoth (1996)
- Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... (2002–2003)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Clone Wars (With Dreams & Visions Press) (2010)
- "Boba Fett: Mystery Man in Not-So-Shining Armor"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 151
Notes and referencesEdit
- Dark Horse Comics on Wikipedia