- "If [Myths & Fables] is filled with the stories that might have put Luke and Leia to bed at night, the Dark Legends book is the collection of spooky tales and ghost stories that would have kept them awake at night, all set in the world of Star Wars."
- ―Disney Imagineer Scott Trowbridge
Dark Legends is a canon short story collection written by George Mann and illustrated by Grant Griffin. It is a follow-up to the (2019) book Myths & Fables, and it was first published by Disney–Lucasfilm Press on July 28, 2020.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Read on if you dare! This unique in-world collection hallows the spooky tales and ghost stories that would have kept young Luke and Leia up at night. Created by George Mann and Grant Griffin—the same team behind the stunning Star Wars: Myths & Fables—these six [sic] frightful fables have been carefully woven from the expansive fabric that is the Star Wars galaxy (including the thrilling landscape from Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland and Disney World), and beautifully painted in a lush illustrative style that feels intergalactic yet innately archetypal and timeless.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|"The Dark Mirror"|
|"The Gilded Cage"|
|"A Life Immortal"|
|"Sleep of Ages" (Target-exclusive edition)|
|"Bakurat" (Target-exclusive edition)|
|"A Bitter Harvest" (Target-exclusive edition)|
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9781368057332; July 28, 2020; Disney–Lucasfilm Press; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781368064897; July 28, 2020; Disney–Lucasfilm Press; US eBook
- ISBN 9781368065580; August 30, 2020; Disney–Lucasfilm Press; Target-exclusive edition