- "Exposing dark matter to normal matter would be cataclysmic. It would create a black hole, swallowing Tython in a heartbeat. The rest of the system too."
Dark matter was an undetermined type of matter hypothesized to account for a large part of the mass of the universe.
In 25,793 BBY, Dalien Brock attempted to use a Gree device, powered by dark matter, as a means to leave the Tython system. If any of the dark matter used in the device were to have come in contact with normal matter then a black hole would have been formed, thus destroying the Tython system.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Scourge (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (First mentioned)
- Dark matter on Wikipedia