Dark side tendrils were pure manifestations of malevolent Force energy summoned through Sith magic. These tendrils rose in the form of black mist from the ground and took the form of serpentine tentacles which swarmed their victim and attacked with the power of the pure dark side. Exceptionally powerful and difficult to conjure, this Force power required complete mental concentration. When conjured by a seasoned Sith sorcerer, dark side tendrils were able to instantly annihilate any kind of matter they contacted, as well as subject the individual who got injured to the full scope of the void of the dark side. Sith sorceress Darth Zannah summoned dark side tendrils against her Master, Darth Bane, while they dueled each other on Ambria in 980 BBY. Nearly a thousand years later in 11 ABY, dejected Jedi trainee Kyp Durron invoked the power of dark side tendrils with assistance from the ghost of Dark Lord of the Sith Exar Kun against Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (First identified as Dark side tendrils)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil audiobook
- Dark Apprentice (First appearance)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension audiobook (Mentioned only)