- "That fella must have been awful important to merit such a big statue. Wonder who he was?"
- ―Corso Riggs, upon viewing Darrus Alde's holostatue
Darrus Alde was a Human male who lead the noble House Alde on the planet Alderaan. He became the world's first king when he brought peace to the other warring noble houses to form the Alderaanian Parliament.
Darrus Alde was a Human male who served as the head of House Alde on the planet Alderaan, centuries after the planet was colonized by Humans around 27,500 BBY. When the other warring noble families gathered for a battle at a canyon east of the Juran Mountains, Alde prevented the fighting by parleying with the various houses and convincing them to end their rivalries.
Under Alde's leadership, the building known as the Elysium was constructed in the Glarus Valley to house the newly-formed Alderaanian Parliament, and he was elected by the Parliament at the Elysium to serve as the first King of Alderaan. The canyon was named after Alde, as was the King's Road that led from the King's Pass to the Alde estate. His descendants in House Alde later prided themselves on their purity of their lineage, displaying a hologram of the king in their estate and keeping a statue of Darrus in the House Alde Royal Museum.
Behind the scenesEdit
Darrus Alde was first mentioned in the Codex entries for King's Pass and House Alde in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online role-playing video game released by BioWare and LucasArts on December 20, 2011. He is represented in statues and holograms in House Alde's estate.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "King's Pass"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Death Mark" on Alderaan establishes that House Alde was a Human family. As Darrus Alde was a member of House Alde, according to Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "King's Pass," he must have also been a Human.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "House Alde"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bounty Hunter Mission: "Like a Rancor in a Pottery Shop" on Alderaan
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Fort Alde, The Juran Mountains, Alderaan
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Armed Intervention" on Alderaan
- ↑ The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural states that the Queen of Alderaan, who is established as Silara Panteer in Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Armed Intervention" on Alderaan, was still in charge during the Battle of Alderaan, which took place months before the Mandalore the Lesser's ascension to the title of Mandalore on Geonosis. Timeline 4: The Empire Changes Strategy dates the latter event to fourteen years before the Treaty of Coruscant, which was signed in 3653 BBY per Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. Therefore, Panteer must have become the Queen of Alderaan some time before 3667 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia