- "Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth… Vader."
- ―Darth Sidious, upon making Anakin Skywalker his new apprentice
Darth was a title given to the Sith Lords of the Sith Order, which preceded a moniker different from the birth name. It roughly translated to "Dark Lord." The Sith names of Sheev Palpatine, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker were Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, and Darth Vader, respectively.
Era of the SithEdit
A former member of the Jedi Order, Radaki became part of what was later known as the Lost Twenty and was seduced by the dark side of the Force as a result of his belief that the Jedi should retain their family ties and wealth. Having forsaken his allegiance to the Order, he adopted the name of Darth Krall and became a powerful Sith Lord.
The Phantom MenaceEdit
Years after the full-scale Jedi-Sith War, when Sith Lords were destroyed by the Jedi, Darth Bane—the sole Sith Lord survivor—established the Rule of Two and restored the title. In at least two cases (those of Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker), the Darth title and the accompanying moniker were bestowed onto the Sith apprentice by the Master.
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III (Appears as Force spirit and in flashbacks)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Annual 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Dooku: Jedi Lost
- ↑ "Intermission, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 12
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas