- "Along with a high-ranking Republic officer who led the assault on Korriban, Darth Arkous was working for a dangerous cult known as the Order of Revan."
- ―Lana Beniko
Darth Arkous was a Sith male Dark Lord of the Sith and a member of the Sith Empire's ruling Dark Council during the Galactic War against the Galactic Republic. As a veteran in the Great Galactic War, and a strong Imperial loyalist that planned the Assault on Tython. It was later revealed that Arkous had an ulterior motive for the attack on Tython: the retrieval of a Rakata artifact. Since the Korriban Incursion, Arkous was reported to have an interest in a shipment of Isotope-5 from Makeb.
In 3638 BBY, Darth Arkous summoned an Imperial strike team to assist in the Empire's assault on Tython. Officially, he claimed it would be a crippling blow against the Republic and the Jedi. Unofficially, he dispatched Lord Goh to recover Rakata technology hidden within the Jedi Temple. The attack on Tython was to coincide with Colonel Rian Darok's attack on Korriban, which also hid Rakata technology. When the Empire received word of the attack, Arkous sent the strike team to retake Korriban to keep up appearances, while at the same time, the Republic retook Tython. Arkous attempted to reestablish contact with Goh only to learn that a Republic strike team had killed him. Following the reclamation of Korriban, Arkous gave praise to the Imperial heroes.
Arkous later rendezvoused with Darok on Manaan. Together, they journeyed to an underwater base to meet with a Selkath geneticist named Gorima, to find a way to graft the Rakata technology onto test subjects to create invincible supersoldiers for the Order of Revan. However, Arkous' former assistant Lana Beniko, having collaborated with SIS agent Theron Shan, sent a strike team after them. When they confronted Gorima, Arkous and Darok were watching from an observation room. With Gorima's experiments having successfully made the grafting procedure non-lethal, the two conspirators made their escape, leaving a depth charge to destroy the facility and send their enemies to their deaths, unaware that Shan was present to rescue them before the facility could reach crush depth.
Arkous later sent a coded message to Lana, explaining that he was planning on recruiting her to the Revanites, but his plans changed when she met her new allies. He warned her not to interfere with his plan, cryptically stating that the Revanites are everywhere. Lana and Shan tracked Arkous and Darok to Lehon (or "Rakata Prime", as it was then known), the former capital of the Rakatan Infinite Empire, where the Revanites had salvaged fragments of the destroyed Star Forge for Gorima to advance his experients in the building of an "Infinite Army". The Republic and Imperial pursuers, joined by the vengeful Wookiee smuggler Jakarro and his protocol droid "partner" C2-D4, confronted Arkous and Darok on the roof of the Temple of the Ancients, and killed them, despite Shan's hopes that they be taken alive for questioning. However, it soon became clear that neither Arkous nor Darok were the leader of the Revanites, but followers of the true master of the Order of Revan. The master was soon revealed to be Revan himself.
Lana Beniko was declared a traitor to the Empire and charged with murdering Arkous, a fact she could not contest due to the influence of the Revanites, and was forced to go underground with Shan and Jakarro.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Arkous first appeared in game update 2.7 of the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic, released by BioWare in 2014. Arkous later made a reappearance in the "Depths Of Manaan" Flashpoint, as part of game update 2.9. Arkous makes his final appearance in game update 2.10. He, along with Darok, makes up the final boss fight for the "Legacy of the Rakata" Flashpoint.
He is only accessible through the Forged Alliances Flashpoint series for all players in the game.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Using information from the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, the events of Game Updates 2.0 through 3.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic can be placed in the time period between 3640 BBY and 3637 BBY. According to The Old Republic lead designer Charles Boyd (screenshot), the game's events can be assumed to occur in a timeline matching that of their real-time release. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.7: Invasion can be placed in approximately 3638 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Legacy of the Rakata"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Forged Alliances, Part I" on Vaiken Spacedock
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Depths of Manaan"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Darth Arkous"