Darth Qalar was a Dark Lord of the Sith and member of the reconstituted Sith Empire's ruling Dark Council around 4043 BBY. Qalar fought a violent Kaggath, an ancient Sith ritual duel, against fellow Dark Councilor Darth Victun which obliterated the Imperial Citadel on the Empire's capital planet of Dromund Kaas. When the two called a draw, the other members of the Dark Council promptly executed both Qalar and Victun, and the personal assets of the two Councilors were used in the reconstruction while their family lines were eliminated.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Darth Qalar was first mentioned in the Codex entry for the Imperial Citadel in the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, though the Sith's name was not revealed until the release of the game's companion Encyclopedia.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First identified as Darth Qalar)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. In Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Imperial Citadel" it says that the Imperial Citadel was destroyed four hundred years before the game. This article uses the date of 3643 BBY as an approximate date, but the actual date could be different. Using the date 3643 BBY as the approximate date for the quest, Darths Qalar and Victun destroyed the Citadel and were killed around 4043 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Imperial Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia