- "Wrote Darth Vader #22 today - FORTRESS VADER Part 4, or 'The Tale of Lord Momin.' I really like it. I've had this story in mind since my Lando book (with @alexmaleev & @paulmounts) in 2015. Wasn't sure I'd ever get a chance to tell it."
- ―Charles Soule, on Twitter
Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 22 is the twenty-second issue of the canon comic book series Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith. It was written by Charles Soule, illustrated by Giuseppe Camuncoli, and published on October 17, 2018 by Marvel Comics.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
According to writer Charles Soule, the story for Darth Vader 22 had been in his mind since 2015, when he wrote the comic book miniseries Star Wars: Lando, which first introduced the Mask of Lord Momin.
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- UPC 759606086665; October 17, 2018; Marvel Comics
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 4 — Fortress Vader
- Star Wars: Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith Vol. 2
- Star Wars: Darth Vader by Charles Soule Omnibus
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY. As Darth Vader knows about Wilhuff Tarkin's past on Eriadu in Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18, which he only learned about in Tarkin, issue 18 must take place after the novel. The later issue Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19 featured the Second Sister, who was killed in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is also set in 14 BBY. As Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18 is between both Tarkin and Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19, the events of the issue must take place in 14 BBY. The events of issue 20 take place immediately following issue 19 as well as issue 21 immediately following the events of issue 20, therefore, the events of issue 22 must also occur in that year as it immediately follows the events of issue 21.
- Lando 3