Darth Victun was a Dark Lord of the Sith and member of the reconstituted Sith Empire's ruling Dark Council around 4043 BBY. Victun and fellow Dark Council member Darth Qalar fought a violent Kaggath, a ritual Sith duel, that obliterated the Imperial Citadel on Dromund Kaas, the Imperial capital planet. When the two called a draw, both Qalar and Victun were executed by the other members of the Dark Council, and their assets were used in the reconstruction while the two's family lines were eliminated.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Darth Victun was first mentioned in the Codex entry for the Imperial Citadel in the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, though the Sith's name was not revealed until the release of the game's companion Encyclopedia.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First identified as Darth Victun)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. In Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Imperial Citadel" it says that the Imperial Citadel was destroyed four hundred years before the game. This article uses the date of 3643 BBY as an approximate date, but the actual date could be different. Using the date 3643 BBY as the approximate date for the quest, Darths Qalar and Victun destroyed the Citadel and were killed around 4043 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Imperial Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia