Darth Victun was a Dark Lord of the Sith of Human or Sith pureblood descent and member of the reconstituted Sith Empire's ruling Dark Council around 4043 BBY. Victun and fellow Dark Council member Darth Qalar fought a violent Kaggath, a ritual Sith duel, that obliterated the Imperial Citadel on Dromund Kaas, the Imperial capital planet. When the two called a draw, both Qalar and Victun were executed by the other members of the Dark Council, and their assets were used in the reconstruction while the two's family lines were eliminated.
Behind the scenes
Darth Victun was first mentioned in the Codex entry for the Imperial Citadel in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, though the Sith's name was not revealed until the release of the game's companion Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First identified as Darth Victun)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. As the events on Dromund Kaas are part of Act I, and the "Imperial Citadel" codex is acquired on Dromund Kaas, this article assumes that the dates in the Codex are relative to that point in time. Thus, the destruction of the Imperial Citadel four hundred years prior to the game occurs in approximately 4043 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Imperial Citadel"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia establishes that prior to the end of the Great Galactic War, only Humans and Sith purebloods were permitted to undertake Sith training. Thus, this Sith can be assumed to be of one of those two species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia