- "'When the righteous lose the light, evil once dead shall return.' That's so vague it could refer to anything or anyone!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi reciting a prophecy to Qui-Gon Jinn, who believed it referred to Darth Wrend
Darth Wrend was a legendary Sith Lord who fought against the Jedi and was believed dead, only for Wrend to return and fight once again. Many years later, Jedi Padawan Qui-Gon Jinn believed that a prophecy in the holocron of prophecy of evil returning once the righteous lost the light might have referred to Darth Wrend rather than the potential reincarnation of the Sith Order as some believed.
Darth Wrend was a Sith Lord who fought against the Jedi. Eventually, Wrend was believed to be dead, but then returned to wage war against the Jedi once again. Sometime between the years 68 BBY and 66 BBY, when Qui-Gon Jinn was the Padawan of Jedi Master Dooku, Darth Wrend was thought of as legendary by Jinn, who opened the holocron of prophecy, which contained numerous prophecies of which several dated ten thousand years prior. One such prophecy was that evil would disappear yet appear again once the righteous had lost its light, with most notes stating that the Sith were going to be potentially reincarnated.
Jinn eventually returned the holocron to the Jedi Archives, although after reading the prophecy of the potential Sith reincarnation, Jinn believed that the prophecy might have actually been referring to Wrend and had already passed. After many years, when Obi-Wan Kenobi was the Padawan of Jinn, Kenobi mentioned the prophecy to Jinn, and complained about its vagueness. Eventually, the Sith were exposed to still be active with the discovery of Darth Maul, who killed Jinn in a lightsaber duel during the Battle of Naboo in 32 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Master & Apprentice (First mentioned, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice audiobook) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Master & Apprentice audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Master & Apprentice) (Appears in flashback(s))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away establishes that the moniker of Darth translates to "Dark Lord" and was given to the Sith Lords. Since Master & Apprentice suggests that Darth Wrend bore the title of Darth, it can be inferred that Darth Wrend was a Sith Lord.
- ↑ Master & Apprentice establishes that Obi-Wan Kenobi as being 17 years old. According to Star Wars: Card Trader, Kenobi was born in 57 BBY, therefore placing the events of the novel in 40 BBY. Master & Apprentice also establishes that Qui-Gon Jinn is forty years old. From this it can be deduced that Jinn was born in 80 BBY. As Jinn became the Padawan of Jedi Master Dooku when he was twelve, was still his Padawan when he was fourteen, and used the holocron of prophecy during that time. As such, it can be deduced that Jinn was Dooku's Padawan in the years 68 BBY and 66 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas