- "Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
- ―Dash Rendar
Dash Rendar was a male smuggler who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. During his travels, he encountered the Wookiee Chewbacca and fellow smuggler Han Solo, and later claimed that it was Chewbacca who was the real brains behind their operation. Rendar also marked a map of the Kessel Run that was included in Midnight's journal.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We know [Rendar is] designed to be around while the swashbuckling Han is encased in carbonite, but we don't want Dash to be a carbonite copy of Mr. Solo. Our suggestion is that rather than thinking of him simply as a mercenary, Dash is more like a swaggery Top Gun-style fighter pilot. A guy with real talent but a bit of a braggart and a blowhard, too. Luke doesn't like him, not only because of this in-your-face personality but also because of the natural competitiveness between these two pilots."
- ―Bantam Spectra editor Tom Dupree's pre-manuscript note to Steve Perry
Dash Rendar was first mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2018 journal book Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor, written by Jason Fry. Dash Rendar was originally developed for the 1996 Star Wars Legends multimedia project Shadows of the Empire and first appeared in its novel.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor (First canonically mentioned)