The Databank is the official StarWars.com canonical encyclopedia. It was launched on July 1, 2014, following a design overhaul of the StarWars.com site. The Databank replaced the StarWars.com Encyclopedia, which in turn replaced a previous encyclopedia also called the Databank.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
- The "Biography Gallery" featured in Orn Free Taa's entry contains a picture from The Phantom Menace depicting Taa in the Galactic Senate Chamber with two human aides. Although his aides were indeed human in the theatrical release of the movie (played by Chrissie England and Jim Morris), they were replaced by a duo of female Twi'lek for the DVD release.
- Bail Organa's entry lists his height as being 1.91 meters. However, the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded lists Organa's height as being 1.99 meters.
- Despite being a Retail Caucus droid, Battle droid 513 is listed as being nearly a meter taller than the Retail Caucus droid.
- Elan Sleazebaggano's entry featured an image of Sleazebaggano with ears. Though Sleazebaggano actually had ears in reference photography, George Lucas changed Sleazebaggano's ears with antennapalps during post-production, causing early toys to featured the character with antennapalps.
- Ord Mantell's entry states that it's the homeworld of the Mikkian species. However, Leland Chee has stated since then that the Mikkians' homeworld is Mikkia.
- Tiplee's entry incorrectly states that her and Obi-Wan Kenobi's mission to capture Darth Maul occurred at Ord Mantell, instead of at Vizsla Keep 09.
- Although both Ponda Baba's and Cornelius Evazan's entries claim that the lightsaber wounds Obi-Wan Kenobi inflicted on Evazan were fatal, the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded stated that Evazan survived the encounter.
- Derek Klivian's entry says that he managed to eject from the cockpit of his T-47 airspeeder before it crashed into the "head" of an All Terrain Armored Transport. The reference book Star Wars: On the Front Lines claims he died. The author of the book, Daniel Wallace clarified that it was an idea of the Lucasfilm Story Group to kill Klivian based on a planned scene from the movie.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ ; image #1 (of 11)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Changes - Part Four. DVDActive. Retrieved on February 20, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3
- ↑ Nicholas W. Adams (2017-07-24). On The Front Lines – An Interview with Dan Wallace. Eleven Thirty-Eight. Archived from the original on July 1, 2019. Retrieved on August 14, 2017.