- "Lieutenant! Get back to your station!"
"Just look! We won't survive. Even Hux is gone."
- ―Colonel Datoo and Lieutenant Rodinon
Datoo was a human male military officer who held the rank of colonel in the First Order. Around thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Datoo was in charge of the primary fire control room on the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. Under orders from Supreme Leader Snoke, he oversaw the weapon as it destroyed the Hosnian system, the location of the New Republic Galactic Senate. The weapon then began preparing to fire on the Ileenium system, where the Resistance headquarters was located; however, Resistance forces then attacked the superweapon. As it became clear the base was going to be destroyed, Datoo was shocked to see Lieutenant Rodinon trying to leave the control room, and questioned where he was going, although the latter talked back and bluntly pointed out that they needed to evacuate or else they won't survive, citing that even the base's commander, Hux, had already evacuated. Starkiller Base then exploded.
Datoo was a methodical officer who believed that the destructive power of Starkiller Base should command respect from all members of the First Order. He wore a teal First Order army uniform with a crested command cap and a band on the left arm written in Aurebesh that commemorated the Imperial Warlord Kaplan.
Behind the scenesEdit
Datoo was portrayed by Rocky Marshall in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. The character was not identified in the film, but was named in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film. The character is also identified by name in the subtitles on the film's home video release. It is unknown as to whether he escaped the destruction of Starkiller Base, as no other ships are seen leaving the explosion besides the Millennium Falcon and several T-70 X-wing starfighters.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Datoo)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Colonel Datoo)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z