- "Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again."
- ―Darth Sidious, to Nute Gunray
In 32 BBY, a mysterious and malevolent Dark Lord of Sith called Darth Sidious conspired with the Federation, and Dofine became one of his three principal Neimoidian collaborators, along with Viceroy Nute Gunray and Settlement Officer Rune Haako. Sidious arranged for the Federation to blockade and invade the peaceful planet of Naboo in protest over increased taxation from the Senate. According to the plan, Dofine was at the helm of the Saak'ak, the Lucrehulk-class LH-3210 cargo freighter that served as the Federation's flagship. The captain led a month-long blockade that left the fragile planet starved and ill-supplied.
Eventually, the democratic union known as the Galactic Republic dispatched ambassadors to the Saak'ak in an attempt to resolve was looked like a mere trade dispute gone awry. However, when said ambassadors were revealed to be the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, Dofine panicked. Suddenly doubting Darth Sidious's plan, the captain boldly told the Sith Lord that his scheme was finished if the Jedi were involved. Although he was verbally reprimanded by Sidious for speaking out of turn, Dofine nevertheless remained in command of the blockade's forces for the remainder of the operation.
When the blockade was complete, the Neimoidians were ready to initiate the next phase of Sidious' plan: invading and occupying Naboo. In order to do so, Dofine transferred from the Saak'ak to the Droid Control Ship Vuutun Palaa, which contained legions of B1 battle droids. It was he who gave the order to activate the ship's droids, unleashing a mechanical army on the surface of Naboo. Dofine later perished aboard the vessel when it was blown up by Anakin Skywalker.
Behind the scenes
The character of Daultay Dofine was conceived by director George Lucas for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. In the film, he was played by Alan Ruscoe and voiced by Chris Sanders. In the revised rough draft of the film's script, Dofine was described as fat and short, although by production, the character was thin, much like the other Neimoidian characters.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Daultay Dofine (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Daultay Dofine (★★★))
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Databank A-Z: Gungans–Rako Hardeen) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- (Picture only)