- "What's with the Destroyer?"
"It's because of your old friend, Saw Gerrera. He's been attacking the cargo shipments."
- ―Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor
The Dauntless was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer that was in service of the Galactic Empire. The Star Destroyer was stationed above Jedha City in 0 BBY, during the Battle on Jedha. It left soon after, however, so that the Death Star could commence a test fire of its superlaser on the city.
Behind the scenes
The Dauntless first appeared in canon in the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, although it was not named. It was later identified as the Dauntless in Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide, a book written to accompany the film, written by Pablo Hidalgo. It first appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity in Riders of Maelstrom, a roleplaying game book written by Ray Winninger and published by West End Games in 1989.
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 1
- Rogue One Adaptation 2 (Cover only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Dauntless)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Destiny – Across the Galaxy (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 55 (Highlights of the Saga: Target: The Holy City)
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy