- "You betrayed this family the moment you went out there and you became a rebel-lover. Joining the star-damned terrorists like they're some sort of freedom fighters instead of…instead of the criminals that they are!"
"They're not terrorists. They started out as an alliance of resistance, but now they're a legitimate government, Webb. They're the real deal. The Empire's days are done."
- ―Webb Taffral and Dav Taffral
Dav Taffral was a male individual who joined the Rebel Alliance and later became a member of the nascent New Republic. Months after the Battle of Endor, Dav returned to the Taffral home on the planet Saleucami to have a family dinner with his Imperial-loyalist brother, Webb Taffral, and his father, Glen Taffral. Webb gave up his brother's location to Imperial forces, prompting Dav to flee with his father's assistance shortly after TIE fighters arrived over their home.
- "You believe in what you're doing, Dav?"
"Fine. Good enough for me. I hope you're right. Best run now. Go out the back window. Take the speeder bike in the barn."
- ―Glen Taffral and Dav Taffral
Dav Taffral joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic sometime before the rebellion on Akiva in 4 ABY and later became a member of the newly-established New Republic. His father, Glen Taffral, was a farmer, while his mother had died prior to the events on Akiva. Dav had an older brother, Webb Taffral, who lived on the planet Saleucami in the Taffral home along with their father.
Months after the Battle of Endor, Dav returned to the family home on Saleucami to have dinner with his father and brother. The three ate in relative silence, which was broken by Dav asking for a food dish to be passed to him. The Imperial-loyalist Webb refused to oblige, insulting Dav about his rebel affiliation. The brothers argued, and the ensuing brawl was broken up by their father throwing a salad bowl at the wall. Glen ordered them to sit and explained that, in the end, the side they should pick is family because governments would come and go.
Glen was soon interrupted by the sound of TIE fighters arriving over the Taffral home. Webb reluctantly revealed that he had given up Dav's location to Imperial forces, and his father quickly stunned him with a blaster. Glen asked Dav to affirm his belief in what he was doing. Upon receiving confirmation, he told his son to sneak out the back window and use the speeder bike stored in the homestead's barn to escape. Dav asked what his father would do, and Glen replied that he would tell the Imperials that Dav had shot him. The older man then stunned himself, and Dav quickly fled while Imperials broke down the home's door.
Personality and traits
- "I'm old enough to remember when the Republic shot itself right in the knee. It wasn't taken over by the Empire. It became the Empire slowly, surely, not overnight but over years and decades. […] You remember that."
"Pop. It won't be like that this time."
- ―Glen Taffral and Dav Taffral
Dav Taffral had a slightly more scruffy and lean appearance than his brother, Webb. He strongly believed in the principles of the Rebel Alliance and defended the revolutionary organization to Webb, who considered the rebels to be terrorists. Dav kept his composure longer than his brother when tensions between their conflicting loyalties ensued, although he was willing to brawl with his brother after several heated exchanges. While his father, Glen, believed that the New Republic could become corrupt just like the Republic of old, Dav believed that would not happen.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the reunion of Norra Wexley and Temmin Wexley on Akiva—which occurs during the rebellion on Akiva, according to Aftermath—to thirty years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Aftermath also establishes that the Taffral family dinner happens concurrent to the rebellion on Akiva; therefore, both events must take place in 4 ABY.