Dava Cassamam was a Elnacon female from the world of Nacon who was a deep cloud-miner on gas giant planets and was a keen sabacc player. She was present during Lando Calrissian and Han Solo's first sabacc game.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "There’s nothing particularly female about her. But that’s aliens for you, who knows what sex some of them are? On a side note, there’s a sort of default assumption to aliens and creatures that they are male unless they’re obviously female — curvy, sexy, or have a feminine costume. In the case of her, why shouldn’t she be female? She doesn’t need all these tropes or cliches to make her female."
- ―Jake Lunt Davies on Dava Cassamam's gender
Dava Cassamam was created for the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first revealed in the film's first trailer. The character first received identification in the reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
In an interview with StarWars.com, creature concept designer Jake Lunt Davies revealed that given Dava's attributes, the audience would not associate her as a female character, given the assumption that creatures and aliens are male unless they are depicted curvy, sexy or with a feminine costume, so he doesn't see why Cassamam can't be female nor why she needs all these cliches or tropes to make her female. As far Davies recalls, however, Dava started off as another character, including the possibility that her design was intended for Dryden Vos at one point of development.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Han on the Run
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 3
- Lando - Double or Nothing 5
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Dava Cassamam)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Picture only)