- "Ah, perfect. A Batuuan. I'm looking to buy an old X-34 landspeeder, I need it for parts. I heard there's one at Black Spire Station, could you help me make sure it's the right one?"
- ―Marak messages a traveler on Batuu
Davan Marak was a humanoid scavenger who spent time in Niima Outpost on the planet Jakku in 34 ABY, just as it came under attack from the First Order. The scavenger later posted a job listing in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, asking for someone to verify that there was an X-34 landspeeder at Black Spire Station.
- "This is exactly what I needed, thanks! Here are some credits for the effort."
- ―Davan Marak thanks the traveler for checking the landspeeder
Davan Marak was a scavenger who was active in Niima Outpost on the desert planet Jakku. In the year 34 ABY, Marak was approaching the outpost on foot alongside another individual when it came under attack by the First Order military faction, which was searching for the astromech droid BB-8.
During the war between the First Order and the Resistance, Marak came to need an X-34 landspeeder for parts and learned that such a vehicle could be found at Black Spire Station in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. The scavenger made a posting on the job board in the outpost and messaged an interested party, asking them to check that the speeder at the station was of the right make. After Marak's contact confirmed the model of the vehicle, the scavenger messaged them thanks and sent them one hundred credits.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Davan Marak first appeared in the 2015 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The character was not identified in the film, but received a name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
Despite Marak clearly being shown to have dark skin in The Visual Dictionary, the LEGO model for the character in the 2016 non-canon video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens has fair skin. The character's clothing is also far lighter in color. The game depicts Marak wielding a staff, a thermal detonator, and a blaster pistol.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "Speeder Sale. Need Inspector." (Screenshots: 1, 2)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Davan Marak)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Complete Visual Companion
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, including Davan Marak's appearance, to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Datapad – "Speeder Sale. Need Inspector." (Screenshots: 1, 2)
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens