- "Friend of mine, Vil Sembian—ever hear of his dad, Daw Sembian, the famous weaponsmith? Doesn't matter, Daw's dead now. He left Vil the schematic for a new kind of blaster. Vil is bringing us the plans, but the Empire's on his tail. I need you to bring him here safely."
- ―Nitra Vendallan
Daw Sembian was a male Twi'lek weaponsmith who lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War. He was the father of Vil Sembian. When he died, he left his son a schematic for a new type of blaster which could tip the scales in the Galactic Civil War.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Daw Sembian was the father of Vil Sembian. He was also a famous weaponsmith who created a schematic for a new type of blaster which could tip the scales in the Galactic Civil War. Daw died some time prior to the Battle of Yavin, but left the schematics for the blaster to his son. Circa 1 ABY, Vil Sembian headed to Anchorhead on Tatooine to deliver the schematics to his friend, a Rebel captain named Nitra Vendallan.
However, the Empire was on his tail, so Nitra Vendallan sent a Rebel spacer to find Vil and bring him back safely to town. Despite facing resistance from Imperial forces, the spacer succeeded in escorting Vil. Vendallan was pleased, and saw to it that the schematics made it to Alliance High Command.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Daw Sembian was a character briefly mentioned in the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies. Players who performed a series of quests for Nitra Vendallan in Anchorhead learned that Daw Sembian was a famous weaponsmith who created the schematics for a new type of blaster.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- On the the United States and European servers of Star Wars Galaxies, Daw Sembian's son, Vil Sembian, consistently spawned as a Twi'lek. As a result, Daw's species can be inferred.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Minor Quest: "Nitra Vendallan" on Tatooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine