- "A death mark's not an easy thing to live with."
- ―Carlist Rieekan
History[edit | edit source]
When Han Solo did not pay off his debts to Jabba the Hutt, Jabba placed a death mark on him. The death mark was so large that Solo felt he had no choice but to leave the Rebel Alliance in order to pay off his debt. This plan was thwarted, however, when the Rebels were attacked by the Galactic Empire and Solo was forced to flee along with Leia Organa and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO in the Millennium Falcon. Darth Vader of the Empire then commissioned Boba Fett, a bounty hunter, to hunt down Solo.
The Trandoshan smuggler Feresk Tssat earned a death mark when he was hired by an Imperial governor to acquire a painting. The governor in turn showed the painting to Grand Admiral Thrawn who noticed that, unbeknownst to Feresk, the painting was a counterfeit. To escape the death mark, Feresk joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic as a starfighter pilot.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- "The Light You Bring" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Squadrons (Mentioned only)
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- Galaxy's Edge 4
- Galaxy's Edge 5