- "A death mark's not an easy thing to live with."
- ―Carlist Rieekan
When Han Solo did not pay off his debts to Jabba the Hutt, Jabba placed a death mark on him. The death mark was so large that Solo felt he had no choice but to leave the Rebel Alliance in order to pay off his debt. This plan was thwarted, however, when the Rebels were attacked by the Galactic Empire and Solo was forced to flee along with Leia Organa and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO in the Millennium Falcon. Darth Vader of the Empire then commissioned Boba Fett, a bounty hunter, to hunt down Solo.
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- Galaxy's Edge 4