The deception sect referred to a sect of the Priest caste of the Yuuzhan Vong that was devoted to Yun-Harla. Referred to as the Trickster goddess, she was an important deity within the pantheon of the True Way. Members of the deception sect were trained from birth in all manner of deception, not for evil deeds, but for the good of the Yuuzhan Vong. They were trained to deceive the "infidels" (those who did not follow the True Way), and were essential as they formed a sort of religious intelligence program. They often worked with the Intendant caste, who were also devoted to Yun-Harla, in spreading disinformation and interpreting intelligence reports.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)