In Mulholland's scenes as Jabba, Jabba is represented as a rotund Human dressed in a shaggy fur coat. George Lucas has stated his intention was to use an alien creature for Jabba, but the special effects technology of the time was not up to the task of replacing Mulholland. In 1997, the Special Edition re-releases restored and altered the original scene to include a computer-generated portrayal of Jabba.
Although his most famous role was left on the cutting-room floor, Mulholland had a long and varied career as an actor, amassing over fifty credits in movies and on British television between 1962 and 1997.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- "Around the Galaxy"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 9
- "Renewing the Universe"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- "Star FX: Shades of Jabba"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 11
- "Scouting the Galaxy" (obituary) - Star Wars Insider 46
[edit | edit source]
- Landis, Harry (27 July 1999). "Obituary – Declan Mulholland" in The Guardian. Retrieved June 6, 2014.