- "I had those moments on Rogue One with the kids, but I don’t think anything can top that first day on set on The Force Awakens entertaining the cast and crew. For me that’s what Star Wars is all about, and to be in that environment knowing that there are a certain few, if not everyone, who get it, who still get those goose bumps from time to time has to be the best feeling in the world."
- ―Dee Tails, on Star Wars
Dee Tails is a British actor who worked as a creature and droid performer for Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens, and portrayed Cratinus in the film. He also portrayed K-OHN in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Slowen Lo in Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi alongside his puppeteer work. In 2018, he portrayed Quay Tolsite in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "I love Cratinus and K-OHN it’s hard to say which I love more, but if it wasn’t for my performance as Cratinus I doubt if I would’ve even have been seen for the L-1 droid let alone have Neal vouch for me. I have to say I love them both, these two Star Wars films have been beyond my dreams coming true and I have to take them as the individual moments they are and truly be grateful."
- ―Dee Tails
In 2015, Tails portrayed Cratinus in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. He was originally set to play one of the Hassk triplets, but those roles went to other actors. Neal Scanlan, the creature effects supervisor for the film, reassigned Tails to be Prashee's brother Cratinus. During filming, Tails and Tom Bell, who was playing Prashee, stayed at their table in order to appear in the background throughout the recording shoots.
Based on his work as Cratinus, Neal Scanlan vouched for Tails' talent, and in 2016, got him a role as the droid K-OHN in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Though his costume was changed several times, he learned to adapt to his new masks by improvising with other actors on set. In 2017, Tails physically portrayed the character Slowen Lo in Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt doing the voice work. In 2018, Tails was cast as Quay Tolsite in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Dee Tails on Wikipedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- All Music - Dee Tails. All Music Database. All Music. Archived from the original on June 27, 2018. Retrieved on June 27, 2018.
- Pellegrom, Dennis (February 2017). Dee Tails (K-OHN). Star Wars Interviews. Star Wars interviews. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. Retrieved on December 9, 2017.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story credits
- Balls, David (2009-04-13). Whatever happened to... MN8?. Digital Spy. Archived from the original on February 3, 2017. Retrieved on June 27, 2018.
- Slowen Lo Bibliography (Polish). Biblioteka Ossus. Archived from the original on June 14, 2018.
- Robinson, Dom (2015-10-25). Jekyll and Hyde Episode 1 – The DVDfever Review. DVD Fever. Archived from the original on September 18, 2017.