- "Good job, Artoo. Someday, these droids will learn they keep messing with the wrong Jedi."
"Looks like you're clear."
"Just keep watching and learning, Padawan. Uh-oh."
"You're trailing smoke. What's wrong?"
"Oh, nothing serious, just a small malfunction."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano, right before a starfighter malfunction renders the former unconscious
During the later stages of the Clone Wars, the planet Cato Neimoidia which housed the headquarters of the Trade Federation was invaded by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. This prompted the Galactic Republic to launch a defense of the planet despite it unofficial ties to the Confederacy through secret Federation dealings. Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano took part in this battle, but they were recalled to Coruscant following the bombing of a Jedi Temple hangar.
In 19 BBY, the Separatists invaded the planet Cato Neimoidia, the Galactic Republic dispatched Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano, and the elite 501st Legion to defend the planet. After punching through Separatist warships in orbit, Skywalker and Tano led a squadron of Z-95 Headhunters to the surface, followed closely by Republic gunships ferrying Clone Captain CT-7567 and clone troopers, as smaller Republic cruisers engaged Separatist vessels around them. After a dogfight in the atmosphere resulted in Skywalker's starfighter getting hit by Pistoeka sabotage droids, disabling his fighter and resulted in him losing consciousness.
After Tano was alerted to Skywalker's status by R2-D2, also onboard Skywalker's fighter, she mounted a daring rescue by first telling R2 to crash land in a nearby mountain plain, and then jumped from her starfighter to his and was able to rescue him, just as his starfighter went over the cliff and was destroyed, but not before R2 also escaped.
As Skywalker regained consciousness and became aware of what transpired, he received a transmission from Jedi Master Yoda who informed Skywalker and Tano that the Jedi Temple had been bombed, and that they were being recalled to aid in the investigation. Afterwards Skywalker contacted Captain Rex for a pickup, as the battle continued.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35 2.36 2.37 2.38 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the Mandalorian civil war and the Trial of Ahsoka Tano which take places in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "The Lawless" and "The Wrong Jedi" to the standard year 19 BBY. Since we know from that "Sabotage" takes place between those episodes, the events of "Sabotage" must also take place in 19 BBY.