The Delaya-class courier was designed to match a starfighter for speed and maneuverability. Unlike Corellia StarDrive's Coruscant-class Heavy Courier, most of the ship was habitable. The complex automatic systems integrated into the craft allowed it to be operated by a single person.
This aerodynamic starship had an insectoid appearance and featured 21 HKD ion engines. These engines were set in blocks of three on servo-controlled mountings to negate the need for maneuvering thrusters. The courier was also lightly armed with only 2 rotating laser cannons and 1 proton torpedo launcher. For further agility, a computer system controlled multiple layers of extendable vanes and aerofoils . This ensured that the courier had a good aerodynamic shape during atmospheric travel.
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi — Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia